Monday, January 9, 2012

Smile

A while ago, I borrowed a book from one of my friends,
Sophie, called Smile. It's about a girl called Raina Telgemeir (she wrote the book as well, it's her own experience from school) about when she falls one night after Girl Scouts and one tooth falls out, while the other is wedged up in her gum. It seems like everything will be OK, but then it turns out that her gum was damaged so her front teeth are up higher than her others.
After this, you follow Raina into 7th, then into high school all the while with her having on-off braces, mouth surgery and even headgear. She also has troubles with boys and friends and stuff. At the end of the book, she ditches her old friends, makes some new ones and eventually, she can actually.... Smile :)
5: AWESOME! 4: Great! 3: It's cool :) 2: Well, OK....
1: I wouldn't read this.
I give Smile: ☻☻☻☺☺ out of ☻☻☻☻☻
Smile's pretty good, but after you've read it about twice it doesn't seem so new... kinda like Diary Of A Wimpy Kid. Oh... did I mention? It's a graphic novel (all in pictures)
~ Pia
P.S. I won't bother with the smiley faces anymore. :P

8 comments: